13th Annual Junior Achievement of Hawaii Golf Classic To Take Place on Sept. 20 | Business
The 13th Annual Junior Achievement of Hawaii Golf Classic, sponsored by Finance Factors, will tee off on Thursday, Sept. 20 at the Kapolei Golf Course. All funds from the tournament will be donated to Junior Achievement of Hawaii to support its mission of empowering young people to own their financial success.
“Our students’ education must extend beyond the traditional curriculum, and Finance Factors is proud to support an organization that teaches students the important foundations of financial literacy,” said Steven Teruya, president of Finance Factors. “We are grateful to all who participate in the Junior Achievement of Hawaii Golf Classic, and we hope to see Junior Achievement of Hawaii continue to nourish the minds of Hawaii’s young leaders.”
“Finance Factors’ continued support of the Junior Achievement of Hawaii Golf Classic is helping us create a generation of smart young business leaders,” said Roz Burton-Torres, president of Junior Achievement of Hawaii. “Education is a community effort, and we are thrilled to see Finance Factors’ enthusiasm for furthering the education of Hawaii’s youth.”
Teams of three can register to enjoy a day of golf, food and fun all for a great cause. Tournament space is limited, and the registration deadline is Sept. 14. On the day of the tournament, check-in and lunch begin at 10:30 a.m., and the shotgun start will follow at noon. The day wraps up with dinner and a program at 5:30 p.m.
Players can look forward to a chance to win great prizes this year. Vacations Hawaii and Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa are sponsors of the Par 3 Hole-in-One Contest. Hole No. 5, 8, 12 and 16 come with prize packages valued at $5,000. An application and additional information on the golf tournament can be downloaded at http://www.jahawaii.org/.
Junior Achievement of Hawaii served more than 7,500 students in grades K-12 on Oahu and East Hawaii during the 2011-2012 school year. At the global level, the program reached 9 million students throughout the United States of America and in 12 member nations. Junior Achievement teaches workplace skills in the classroom through programs that cover everything from personal money management to filling out job applications.
About Finance Factors
Finance Factors has been providing financial services in Hawaii for 60 years. Started in 1952 by several island families, the company has grown from a small local enterprise that pioneered personal loans for Hawaii’s working class, into Hawaii’s largest locally-owned depository financial services loan company. Finance Factors specializes in residential loans for purchase, refinance, cash-out, and home equity, as well as commercial real estate loans. Finance Factors also offers some of the best rates on certificates of deposit and savings accounts, with deposits insured by the FDIC.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Attend American Jazz and Bossa Nova Music Workshop at Mililani Library
- RevoluSun presents Free Neighborhood Solar Q&A event for Wahiawa Residents on November 16
- RevoluSun presents Free Neighborhood Solar Q&A event for Waipahu Residents on November 20
- Meet Author of "Today's Thought" at Mililani Library on Nov. 23
- "Furoshiki" Craft Workshop Offered at Waipahu Library on Nov. 13
- See Two Free Movies at Ewa Beach Library on February 24
- Learn More About Navigating Through New Solar Rules at a Free Solar Open House in Ewa Beach
- Emergency responders to conduct training exercises in Ewa
- See "Despicable Me 2" at Ewa Beach Library on Jan. 28
- Children's Author Will Read Christmas Book at Ewa Beach Library
- Homeless man dies after Maili stabbing, suspect arrested
- No contest plea in $20K Nanakuli school theft
- Pacific Links Hawai'i Foundation Gifts $200,000 to Local Non-Profits
- Waianae pedestrian dragged for blocks under car
- Learn More About Navigating Through New Solar Rules at a Free Solar Open House in Waipahu