13th Annual Junior Achievement of Hawaii Golf Classic Raises $40,580 for Business Education Programs | Business
Junior Achievement of Hawaii announced that $40,580 has been raised at the 13th Annual Junior Achievement of Hawaii Golf Classic, sponsored by Finance Factors, Ltd. Approximately 165 golfers gathered at the Kapolei Golf Course on Sept. 20 for a day of friendly competition, with all funds raised at the tournament being donated to Junior Achievement of Hawaii to support its mission of empowering young people to own their financial success.
“We are overwhelmed by the support of sponsors, volunteers and golfers who embrace the goal of providing economic education to Hawaii youth,” said Roz Burton-Torres, president of Junior Achievement of Hawaii. “We are so thankful to the local businesses whose continued support helps us give Hawaii students the tools for business success in the future.”
Approximately 20 Finance Factors and Junior Achievement volunteers helped to run the Junior Achievement of Hawaii Golf Classic. As the title sponsor of the golf classic for the past 12 years, Finance Factors has helped to raise more than $260,580 for Junior Achievement of Hawaii over the years. In addition, Finance Factors employees serve as volunteer teachers in Junior Achievement programs throughout the year.
In the 2011-2012 school year, Junior Achievement of Hawaii reached more than 7,500 students in grades K-12 on Oahu and East Hawaii. Junior Achievement of Hawaii exposes students to financial literacy concepts and business skills.
About Junior Achievement of Hawaii, Inc.
Junior Achievement is a non-profit organization financed by businesses, foundations and individuals. Founded in 1919, Junior Achievement has contributed to the business and economics education of young people in the United States and throughout the world. Founded locally in 1957, Junior Achievement of Hawaii, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization.Junior Achievement of Hawaii is proud to be part of an international program that has become the world’s largest and best-managed economic education partnership program.
About Finance Factors
Finance Factors has been providing financial services in Hawaii for 60 years. Started in 1952 by several island families, the company has grown from a small local enterprise that pioneered personal loans for Hawaii’s working class, into Hawaii’s largest locally-owned depository financial services loan company. Finance Factors specializes in residential loans for purchase, refinance, cash-out, and home equity, as well as commercial real estate loans. Finance Factors also offers some of the best rates on certificates of deposit and savings accounts, with deposits insured by the FDIC.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Attend American Jazz and Bossa Nova Music Workshop at Mililani Library
- RevoluSun presents Free Neighborhood Solar Q&A event for Wahiawa Residents on November 16
- RevoluSun presents Free Neighborhood Solar Q&A event for Waipahu Residents on November 20
- Meet Author of "Today's Thought" at Mililani Library on Nov. 23
- "Furoshiki" Craft Workshop Offered at Waipahu Library on Nov. 13
- See Two Free Movies at Ewa Beach Library on February 24
- Learn More About Navigating Through New Solar Rules at a Free Solar Open House in Ewa Beach
- Emergency responders to conduct training exercises in Ewa
- See "Despicable Me 2" at Ewa Beach Library on Jan. 28
- Children's Author Will Read Christmas Book at Ewa Beach Library
- Homeless man dies after Maili stabbing, suspect arrested
- No contest plea in $20K Nanakuli school theft
- Pacific Links Hawai'i Foundation Gifts $200,000 to Local Non-Profits
- Waianae pedestrian dragged for blocks under car
- Learn More About Navigating Through New Solar Rules at a Free Solar Open House in Waipahu