New City Mill Store to open in Ewa Beach | Business
The following information is provided by City Mill:
City Mill Company, Ltd. (City Mill) announced that they are opening another City Mill store to be located in Ewa Beach, at the Laulani Village Shopping Center at the corner of Fort Weaver Road and Keaunui Drive. The project developer is Safeway Inc. and they, along with City Mill, will be the shopping center anchor stores. Laulani Village will be the newest and largest retail development in Ewa history, with about 70 retailers, businesses and services. Groundbreaking of Laulani Village was on November 3, 2011 with an anticipated opening date in late 2012. As the second anchor store, City Mill will encompass 40,000 square feet with a 5,000 square foot area for additional garden, lumber and building materials.
Steven Ai, City Mill President and CEO says, "We are excited about this new City Mill addition, especially since there is so much growth in West Oahu and in the Ewa Beach area. We hope to be a strong member of that community, as we are in other neighborhoods where we have locations."
City Mill Co., Ltd. is a 113-year old Hawaii-based company that was founded in 1899 as a rice and lumber mill. It continues to be a private, family owned and operated company whose primary business is to sell home improvement and related products for the repair and maintenance of the home and office. The company will celebrate its 113th Anniversary this year.
In 2010, City Mill represented the 110th largest company in Hawaii with total sales of $67 million. On a national level, in 2010, City Mill represented the 125th largest hardware/home improvement center in the U.S.
In recent years, City Mill has won numerous awards, including: Star Advertiser/Midweek "Hawaii’s Best" Hardware Store (2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007), Hawaii Business Magazine’s "Best Places to Work" Award (2010, 2009, 2008, 2007); the Hawaii Psychology Association "Psychologically Healthy Workplace" Award (2004); Retail Merchants of Hawaii "Retailer of the Year" (2004) and "Retailer of the Year – Oahu" (2004); and the Hawaii Business Leadership Award, "Best in Business" (2004).
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Waipahu Library Reopens July 15: AC Replacement Project Done
- Learn About Permaculture and Foodscaping at Mililani Library on July 12
- Learn About Polynesian Navigation Techniques at Wahiawa Library on July 9
- Waipahu Library Closes for Air Conditioner Replacement Project Starting July 8
- Special Fourth of July Kick-off Event at Wahiawa Library on July 3
- See Ewa Beach Library's Movie Mondays including "The Lego Movie"
- Wealth Managing Partners, Inc. tees off to help ill children of Hawaii
- Woman and three children escape unhurt as fire destroys their Ewa home
- Motorcyclist in stable condition after colliding with vehicle in Ewa Beach
- Ewa Makai Middle School Principal named as finalist in $25,000 School Leadership Award