IPA Junior Kindergarten Pedals for St. Jude Children's Hospital | Community Spirit
The following information is provided by Becker Communications:
WHAT: The Junior Kindergarten students at Island Pacific Academy (IPA) will take part in a Trike-a-Thon to raise money for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. At 9:45 a.m. on April 18, the parking lot at IPA becomes a restricted "Trike Track," with dozens of children making their laps for a good cause. Having gathered pledges for their event, the students pedal energetically to fulfill their end of the bargain.
This has become an annual event at the school, and one of the ways in which these young students learn the importance of helping others through fundraising activities and service to others. Last year the students used this event to raise $1,200 for St. Jude Children's Hospital.
WHEN: Wednesday, April 18, 2012
WHERE: Island Pacific Academy
909 Haumea Street in Kapolei
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- American Red Cross Classes for September: Oahu
- Waipahu Library Reopens July 15: AC Replacement Project Done
- Learn About Permaculture and Foodscaping at Mililani Library on July 12
- Learn About Polynesian Navigation Techniques at Wahiawa Library on July 9
- Waipahu Library Closes for Air Conditioner Replacement Project Starting July 8
- Malama Learning Center to host Lauhala Weaving for Beginners workshop
- See Ewa Beach Library's Movie Mondays including "The Lego Movie"
- Wealth Managing Partners, Inc. tees off to help ill children of Hawaii
- Woman and three children escape unhurt as fire destroys their Ewa home
- Motorcyclist in stable condition after colliding with vehicle in Ewa Beach