Senior living community in Ewa holds grand opening | Home & Garden
Oahu seniors moved into some news homes on Tuesday at the grand opening of the Franciscan Vistas in Ewa Beach.
The $40 million community features 149 model units for seniors living on limited, fixed incomes.
The place comes with a fitness center and swimming pool.
"We hope residents find a method to live healthy and independently much much longer," St. Francis Residential Care Community Chief Administrator Pamela Witty-Oakland said. "If you look at the statistics, our Hawaii population is aging and we have a shortage of skilled nursing beds and we have a shortage of other facilities, so this allows them to take care of their health and well-being, and maintain an independent lifestyle much much longer."
Construction began in January of 2010 and already 52 percent of the units are occupied.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Attend American Jazz and Bossa Nova Music Workshop at Mililani Library
- RevoluSun presents Free Neighborhood Solar Q&A event for Wahiawa Residents on November 16
- RevoluSun presents Free Neighborhood Solar Q&A event for Waipahu Residents on November 20
- Meet Author of "Today's Thought" at Mililani Library on Nov. 23
- "Furoshiki" Craft Workshop Offered at Waipahu Library on Nov. 13
- See Two Free Movies at Ewa Beach Library on February 24
- Learn More About Navigating Through New Solar Rules at a Free Solar Open House in Ewa Beach
- Emergency responders to conduct training exercises in Ewa
- See "Despicable Me 2" at Ewa Beach Library on Jan. 28
- Children's Author Will Read Christmas Book at Ewa Beach Library
- Homeless man dies after Maili stabbing, suspect arrested
- No contest plea in $20K Nanakuli school theft
- Pacific Links Hawai'i Foundation Gifts $200,000 to Local Non-Profits
- Waianae pedestrian dragged for blocks under car
- Learn More About Navigating Through New Solar Rules at a Free Solar Open House in Waipahu