Senior living community in Ewa holds grand opening | Home & Garden
Oahu seniors moved into some news homes on Tuesday at the grand opening of the Franciscan Vistas in Ewa Beach.
The $40 million community features 149 model units for seniors living on limited, fixed incomes.
The place comes with a fitness center and swimming pool.
"We hope residents find a method to live healthy and independently much much longer," St. Francis Residential Care Community Chief Administrator Pamela Witty-Oakland said. "If you look at the statistics, our Hawaii population is aging and we have a shortage of skilled nursing beds and we have a shortage of other facilities, so this allows them to take care of their health and well-being, and maintain an independent lifestyle much much longer."
Construction began in January of 2010 and already 52 percent of the units are occupied.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Attend DVD, CD and Cookbook Sale at Waipahu Library on March 22
- Hear Storyteller Share Stories & Music of Ireland at Mililani Library
- Attend American Jazz and Bossa Nova Music Workshop at Mililani Library
- RevoluSun presents Free Neighborhood Solar Q&A event for Wahiawa Residents on November 16
- RevoluSun presents Free Neighborhood Solar Q&A event for Waipahu Residents on November 20
- Celebrate National Library Week - See Double Feature at Ewa Beach Library on April 14
- Ewa Beach Crush Football/Cheer
- See Two Free Movies at Ewa Beach Library on February 24
- Learn More About Navigating Through New Solar Rules at a Free Solar Open House in Ewa Beach
- Emergency responders to conduct training exercises in Ewa