Senior living community in Ewa holds grand opening | Home & Garden
Oahu seniors moved into some news homes on Tuesday at the grand opening of the Franciscan Vistas in Ewa Beach.
The $40 million community features 149 model units for seniors living on limited, fixed incomes.
The place comes with a fitness center and swimming pool.
"We hope residents find a method to live healthy and independently much much longer," St. Francis Residential Care Community Chief Administrator Pamela Witty-Oakland said. "If you look at the statistics, our Hawaii population is aging and we have a shortage of skilled nursing beds and we have a shortage of other facilities, so this allows them to take care of their health and well-being, and maintain an independent lifestyle much much longer."
Construction began in January of 2010 and already 52 percent of the units are occupied.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Waipahu Library Reopens July 15: AC Replacement Project Done
- Learn About Permaculture and Foodscaping at Mililani Library on July 12
- Learn About Polynesian Navigation Techniques at Wahiawa Library on July 9
- Waipahu Library Closes for Air Conditioner Replacement Project Starting July 8
- Special Fourth of July Kick-off Event at Wahiawa Library on July 3
- See Ewa Beach Library's Movie Mondays including "The Lego Movie"
- Wealth Managing Partners, Inc. tees off to help ill children of Hawaii
- Woman and three children escape unhurt as fire destroys their Ewa home
- Motorcyclist in stable condition after colliding with vehicle in Ewa Beach
- Ewa Makai Middle School Principal named as finalist in $25,000 School Leadership Award